Monday, November 13, 2006

Patterns

Robbie doesn't get a lot of pen and paper academics at school. I know he wishes there was more of that. But he gets plenty of that on his own at home as doing his workbooks is one of his favorite activities. But he is getting lots of patterns at school... and he has brought them home. He knew patterns before preschool, but they must really drive them home at school. And in his neat, little organized world... I'm not surprised that he has really taken to them.

Now, many things have to be done in a pattern. He fed his sister this morning... in a pattern; one cheerio, one spoonful of pears. It was very precise and for Alyssa, a little painful. He is writing a letter to his sick school friend right now... and he is being sure to include a pattern so his friend will learn even when not in school.

Patterns are very important to him and I'm sure that we will be incorporating more of this new obsession as the days and weeks go on. I supposed that Kasey and I would benefit from more patterns in our life.

No comments: