Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Education

I am often doing things on my computer that inadvertently end up making permanent changes. I'm sure they don't have to be permanent, however, since I don't know how I did it in the first place, I can't undo it. One example of this is my internet browser. One day, I lost my address bar... I haven't been able to find it since. I think it's been about six months now. Every once in a while, I search for it... but I always come up empty handed. It's the weirdest thing. I think it's someone's sick joke of a virus that hasn't been detected by my virus scan. There is the "address" box on top that normally you can click on to make it return... but it's unclickable now.

Anyhow, I think I'm getting off subject. I was going to talk about my latest internet mishap. I have Google marked as one of my favorites. I like to Google search. I prefer Google maps over MapQuest, I like to search Google Images... I use the site a lot. I think perhaps I've had so many hits on Google that the fine folks there thought I needed a more personalized page. Because now, when I use my favorite link to the google site, I'm greeted by my own personal website with my weather, a calendar, and a few other things. I'd be scared that it's so personal, but I'm fairly sure I probably did something at some point (lack of memory is one the downfalls of Fibromyalgia - hehehe, I say that like there are benefits).

Anyhow, there is this area on "my site" that has How Too advice. I'm really beginning to enjoy this section. Today's was by far the best. "How to Calculate Pi by Throwing Frozen Hot Dogs". Now that's an education! I wish Robbie was old enough to be able to grasp this type of math because it would be so much fun!.. heck, who needs Robbie... maybe I'll do it myself.

I can't wait to see what I learn tomorrow. This is exactly what I mean when I say I want to educate myself. Where else are you going to get this type of education? I love the internet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kayce
Put the cursor to the right of the Help on the explorer bar, right click, check address bar. This should get the bar back on the screen.

Anonymous said...

Kayce, I have been reading your posts, instead of working, and it has been quite enjoyable. Great stuff :)

Anonymous said...

If the right click doesn't help, try the restore down button (between the minimize and exit in the upper right of the screen)

' said...

Glad to hear people are enjoying my ramblings. Anything I can do to discourage productive work!

And, it's nice to know that my dad is just as tormented as I am about my loss of the address bar. No dad, none of it is working. I'm certain that it will still be missing when you are here for Christmas. You can search for it then.