Thursday, November 30, 2006

Dinosaur World

Tonight I was reading an Elmo Christmas book to Robbie. In it, Elmo gets three wishes. I asked Robbie what he would wish for;

Robbie: I'd wish for a whole lot of dinosaurs.

Mom: Because you love dinosaurs?

Robbie: I would ask for a whole lot of dinosaurs so I could put them all over the house and make it a dinosaur world.

Mom: That sounds like a great wish.

Robbie: Maybe I will write a letter to Santa.

Mom: What are you going to say to Santa?

Robbie: I'm going to write to Santa and ask him for a whole lot of dinosaurs to make a dinosaur world. And then when Santa is here bringing the dinosaurs, I will here him ring. And I will tiptoe past your room.

Mom: Why?

Robbie: So I don't wake you up.

Tonight I also tried to watch The Polar Express with Robbie. We didn't get very far. We got to the point where one of the tickets was lost. He insisted on turning it off... he was almost in tears. I asked him why and his response was "because little boys shouldn't be all alone.

He also didn't like the Tom Hanks train conductor, he said he wasn't a very nice man.

I wish I could give my son a dinosaur world so he could live in that world forever.

No comments: