Several years ago, I remember a Hallmark card with the Maxine cartoon. On the front was the Maxine character looking out her window while snow flakes dropped on the sidewalk. It said "Let it snow, let is snow, let it snow"... then the inside said "let them fall, let them fall, let them fall... on their ass, on their ass, on their ass"I know it's cruel, but I found this really funny. So funny that I still remember it today. Normally this is the feeling that snow evokes in me. Well, today it snowed. Yes, it snowed in Seattle right before the marathon... but I'm talking about the real stuff. The stuff that actually sticks on the ground and builds up.
When we returned from the marathon, we were greeted by approximately an inch to two inches of snow. This amount of snow really doesn't bother me. Robbie played in it (with his daddy), made a snow man and we were good.Then... an hour later we looked out and the snow was coming down in sheets. The footprints and blank spots that Kasey and Robbie had made earlier were all but gone. It had been replaced by another two inches of snow! So, we bundled him up again (and Alyssa this time) and out we went to frolic in the snow. Who are we to deny our child his moment of snow fun.
In total, we have about eight inches of snow in our yard (so far). The roads are nasty since I don't think they anticipated this amount of snow in such a short period of time. Right now, the snow is okay, come tomorrow when I have to take him to school... it might be a different story and I might be Maxine sitting at my window.
2 comments:
LOL-- first the cow costume, now the hat-- Aidan has the exact same hat!
Children's Place is the greatest!
Post a Comment