Kasey's birthday was this past weekend. Robbie was prepared. He came up with the idea to make his daddy a quilt. I'm guessing it comes from the fact that my mom and I make quilts for all our friends and family that have babies. Anyhow, he decided about two weeks ago that we had to make a quilt for his daddy. I helped him cut fabric as he layed it out very carefully and deliberately. He moved squares around until he had just the right layout... he declared "it's perfect! Daddy is going to hug me and kiss me and tell me he loves me very much!". Over the next three days, he helped me stitch each square together - we even added dinosaurs.
It was the first large quilt that I had actually finished in just three days... and far ahead of when I needed to. This was Robbie's doing. He was a boy on a mission and the result is beautiful. He beams with pride whenever his daddy uses it or whenever we talk about the quilt. Here are some pictures of Robbie giving his daddy his present.


No comments:
Post a Comment