I'm happy to report that I was able to read about three more pages of Kenya, Jambo to Robbie this morning. I took advantage of a captive audience and read to him while he was eating. The good news is that as I was asking him questions about what I was reading, he was able to answer them. So, at least he's listening to the book. The bad news is that it doesn't hold his attention and we quickly moved from learning about herders to dinosaurs.
That's okay. A little at a time is fine with me. Maybe he will absorb more of the information if it's fed to him in little spoonfuls.
Robbie's attention this morning was on the movie that his dad taped for him last night. Kasey and I have tried taping discovery dinosaur movies for Robbie in the past only to be disappointed with the amount of blood in them. I was excited when Animal Planet started advertising Prehistoric Park. I watched bits of it last night and decided it would be okay for Robbie as he seems okay with death and the eating of the animals when it relates to dinosaurs. I was right. He loves the movies! His dad taped him part of the T-Rex one and the Woolly Mammoth. Luckily, I think the T-Rex one plays again on Sunday so we have a chance of catching the whole thing.
The shows are very interesting. Nigel (not my favorite Wildlife Conservationist) travels back through time to save the extinct animals of the past. It's filled with information about the various animals and it chronicals how the animals might adapt to our world today.
Anyhow, kudos to Animal Planet for offering a dinosaur program that is approriate for kids and that offers information at the same time.
I'm also sad to report that now my duo is downstairs watching Teletubbies as their last program before the t.v. is turned off. It's a rare "treat" as I really can't stand the show.
Friday, November 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment