Monday, December 11, 2006

We've survived 10 months!

Her name has progressed from "crazy girl" to "menace" and she lives up to both of them. I like to say that we have survived 10 months of Alyssa rather than Alyssa is 10 months today.

So, here's where we are!
  • Taking several steps on her own. She's not walking yet... but she could if she would just slow down. Her head and arms travel much faster than her legs. This is a good thing for us.
  • Eating most everything - her favorite right now is Ritz crackers (cookies), but she's not picky... she'll eat it all (literally).
  • I think she is officially out of 3-6 months clothes. Even pants - not the waist, but the length.
  • Signing - she is signing like a mad woman! Her favorites are milk (bababababa), eat and more.
  • Talking - she says brother still ("brobru"), daddy ("dadadadada"), binky ("ga" - don't ask, I can't explain where that comes from) and "ge" (everything else she can't say).
  • Still a daddy's girl. Will wait hours upon hours for her daddy to come home and put her to sleep. The evening hours are when she really earns the name "menace".

I don't have an update on her weight, but I think she's okay. We should know this week sometime. I'm encouraged that she's growing out of clothes finally. Although, this is more about her length than her bulk. She's still a skinny little thing and crawls out of many of her clothes. I'm still opting for dresses, she can't crawl out of them and they slow her down a bit.

No comments: