But, Kasey is downstairs now installing a gate so that Alyssa will stop climbing the stairs. Obviously she can't get down them yet (except for falling which she has found to be unpleasant), and she's definitely never going to admit to herself that she should stop, so we are taking measures to deter her.
I researched the gates quite a bit and they had to meet several requirements.
- Robbie had to be able to get through the gate on his own. It wouldn't be fair to fence him in as well. He has enough issues with his sister.
- It had to be mountable to a wall. Our little brute is strong and has been known to knock down the little cheap pressure mount one we use to amuse ourselves.
- It couldn't be climbable. Already she tries to climb the pressure mount one and the Super Yard we have. She tries to climb walls (literally) so it seemed only logical she would try to climb our latest attempt at imprisonment.
We never had to baby proof for Robbie. I'm not saying he was the perfect child, but for some reason... even at this age, we were able to reason with him. She laughs at us... and I'm sure she will be laughing at us for years as we try to contain her enthusiasm for life. I'm not looking to squelch it... just contain it to a point where we can all live with it.
I love and fear the differences in our children.
1 comment:
Yes. Your family is beautiful. :o) Jeanne
Post a Comment