As far as I can tell, that means "look!". Alyssa says this frequently throughout the day... as she carries on with her many conversations. She's a talker now. She babbles quite a bit. Today was no exception.
She's is becoming very proficient in getting her point across now without resorting to screams and cries. Here's an example...
Today, after lunch, Alyssa was cruising around under the table. I was in the kitchen cleaning, straightening, going through the motions as I pretend that I'm making progress. When she pops out from under the table. "Ge" she says to me to get my attention. I look down at our little angel and she proceeds to sign "eat",
I congratulate her in the great signing and explain to her that she just ate an hour ago. Too soon! - Then I go back to what I'm doing. I hear her little feet walk a few steps, then frantically crawl. "Ge". I turn around again to Alyssa, now sitting in front of the refrigerator pointing at the door. Again, she patiently signs "eat" to me.
Once again, I tell her it's too soon... she will get sick if she eats again. I turn around and continue my work. I hear the frantic crawl across the floor again as she passes behind me. "Ge". I look at her once more and now she has pulled herself up to her high chair and she is pointing at the seat. Again, she signs "eat".
I gave in! I put her up in her chair and give her a few token Cheerios. I figure after three attempts, she needs to be rewarded for her patience and persistence as well as for using her signs correctly. She's a very smart little girl when it comes to her food!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment