Monday, December 25, 2006

She's working against me

All I asked was that she wait until AFTER Christmas to start walking. Well, she starting walking a few days before Christmas. Of course, the kids had so many presents that it really didn't matter. The room was so strewn with gifts and paper that she couldn't maneuver anyhow. Nonetheless, I asked her to wait and she did all she could to work against me.

I guess walking was her Christmas present to herself... and really, there weren't any presents that she got that make her quite as happy as walking from chair to chair, person to person. By far, her favorite item today was the DVD player box that Kasey and I received. It was like her little stage. She did her best to keep everything (but herself) off her pedestal. I'll try to post pictures later.

The kids still have about a dozen presents to open. It's become a bit of a tradition to spread Christmas over several days. Robbie was going strong this morning and I thought we might get them all opened... but after about eight presents, he couldn't resist stopping to put together one of his Dinosaur puzzles.

I'm also happy to report that Santa brought him enough dinosaurs for his dinosaur world. He received two boxes full of dinosaur books, figures, eggs and more. He went to sleep a happy boy. It must have been the two years in a row of leaving him broccoli.

I'm sure the month of January will bring many discussions and ideas of how he intends on converting the house into his dinosaur world. Of course, before going to bed tonight he did mention that sister's birthday needed lots of pink... so that might be the next big event we look forward to. We'll have to see how things go. I have learned to take it all as it comes... I think that has been my present from Alyssa.

No comments: