Saturday, December 16, 2006

It doesn't feel like Christmas is coming

This month has been a weird month. Seattle has had some fairly severe weather, I haven't had to rush to buy Christmas gifts and Robbie is (thankfully) fairly relaxed about all the Christmas hoopla happening around us.

I feel an odd sense of calm. What does that mean? I think it's bad that a sense of calm around me sends me into a bit of a panic. I must be forgetting something. My only worries these days are cleaning the house... which in itself, is a fairly daunting project.

Of course, there a lot of things I'd like to do. When I stopped working, I had this fantasy in my mind. That's I'd be home with the kids, maybe paint their rooms and organize this house. What a joke! I guess I didn't factor Alyssa's mobility into my fantasy, Robbie's attention span and need to direct his surroundings, and my lack of energy. But, I guess that's why it's a fantasy. Who wants a fantasy that actually comes true anyhow?

Here's a picture of our duo. Robbie still loves his sister and is doing an excellent job being a big brother.

Oh! I'm not sure if I mentioned Alyssa's progress. She is still not on the charts, but she is no longer going down. She is now a whopping 15.4 pounds! Go Alyssa!

No comments: