Did you know Robbie is writing a book? He started it several months ago when we bought him a sketch pad just like his daddy's. I presented it to him one night at a restaurant and since that night he has said he's going to make it a dinosaur book.
He works on it consistently drawing all the various dinosaurs he knows. This morning while I was at the table eating, he was working on his book. He announced he was drawing an archaeopteryx.
Anyhow, the conversation went something like this;
Robbie: "This is an archaeopteryx"
Mom: "I see that - I like the feathers" The feathers are jagged scribbles that go around the wings he has drawn.
Mom: "Robbie, you are the smartest and most creative boy I know"
Robbie (as he looks up at me with a proud smile): "That's why I'm a paleontologist"
Yep, we are still in our dinosaur phase. Last night we took him to half price book - I was looking for Peter and the Wolf (that's another blog in itself) - and Robbie went straight to the dinosaur books. Thank you to half price for having a section just for dinosaurs. We walked out of there with probably about twelve books - two dollar books for me, one computer book for Kasey, two books for Alyssa and the rest were Robbie's dinosaur books. Believe it or not, with the many dinosaur books he has (at least 50), there are still some that we had to leave on the shelf.
So, he's writing a book... and so far, it's my favorite dinosaur book ever. I wish I could save the stories that he tells me with each drawing, but I don't want to write in his book. But then again, it's also nice to have him re-narrate each time we flip through the pages.
Again, my imagination wanders when I think about what he's going to choose to do when he gets older. A Paleontologist? An Author? or maybe a published Paleontologist? I'm glad I have something to look forward to. Meanwhile, Alyssa sits next to him roaring for more "o"s.
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment