This morning while eating breakfast with Robbie, we were talking about the plans for the day. With Robbie, it's always a good idea to give him a basic agenda for the day. We talked about school and that today I would be staying for a bit to take pictures. Today is Music Lady - this is the day I forgot the camera last month, so I have to make up for it this month. I didn't tell him it was Music Lady day though because he really didn't enjoy it last month from what I heard. Robbie isn't fond of loud noises and apparently they imitated a volcano last time. I'm hoping today is different.
Anyhow, I digress. So during our preparing for the day conversation, I mentioned it was now October. This announcement derailed the whole converstation. Had I been more prepared, I would have made that announcement a converstation topic of it's own. After all, the Quevedos (the Washington onces anyhow), do big things in October. It's the month of scarecrows, costumes, pumpkins... and decorating! This month is really actually bigger (and better) than December.
For the past two months Robbie has been asking to cut out bats. He has been ready to decorate! He has also been eyeing some bat window decals that I picked up at the dollar store. I didn't know that he even knew about them until his eyes lit up when I mentioned it was October. His eyes got really big, his posture got very tall and a grin covered his face.
"That means I can put up the stickers now!" as he races down from the table over to the decals. I could hear him busily in the front room pounding the decals on to the front window. Then he moved to the back sliding glass door where I was sitting. As he pounded them onto the window with far more force than was required, he announced that we were making the room into a bat cave!
He is currently downstairs cutting out bats. Because I was not part of the Bat Cave planning process, I'm a bit unprepared. So, he'll be happy to know that he gets to go on a little shopping trip to pick up some black paper, streamers and ribbon. Because who am I to stiffle my son's creativity and deny him his bat cave. At least Alyssa should feel right at home.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment