Thursday, October 05, 2006

Share

Today was Robbie's day to share (show and tell). The theme was something that begins with the letter "A". I had been preparing him all week. I asked him on Monday what he wanted to bring to share with the class... something that begins with the letter "A" and immediately he perked up and said "Alyssa! Alyssa begins with the letter A!"

I was a bit concerned because one - I couldn't put her into a bag so that his class could guess what he brought and two - I wasn't sure the "share" item was supposed to be alive.

But, we cleared it through his teacher and today he sat in front of the class describing what he brought. He said "It coos and it's small".

Of course, his class didn't know his sister's name... but it all worked out as Alyssa was crawling into the room just as he told them what he had brought. He showed his baby sister to his class with pride. It made me smile. I think that is my favorite part of the day so far.

No comments: