Thursday, October 12, 2006

This is a great year for giving thanks

I just got a letter from Jeanne and found out that my cousin, Ana, got a job at the Gerald Peters Museum in Santa Fe. I am so excited for her! I am very envious of her as well. I love art museums... although I don't go very often. I think it would be a lot of fun to work in a museum.

Also, earlier this month, we found out my cousin Luana and her husband Ernie have adopted a baby boy from Guatemala. I'm even more excited for them! Oscar was born in August and they will get him in March of next year. I love welcoming new members to the family!

That brings me to my cousin Jason and his wife Melissa who welcomed their first baby daughter T'ea on Robbie's birthday - August 17th! She was born a bit early, but is healthy and doing well.

In June we also welcomed Mason, who is my cousin Kelli's and her husband Phill's first baby boy. Mason also came a bit early, but I can tell you first hand, he's a healthy little boy!

It's the year of new babies because we also welcomed our own in February! It seems like a while ago, but Alyssa was born in February.

In addition to the new members of the family, we have also been fortunate enough this year that I was able to stop working to try to regain my health. Kasey was able to find a great job that not only has allowed for my staying home, but a job that has him back onto console games.

I'm on my way tonight to a baby shower for one of the moms of the pre-school Robbie goes to. They are adopting their second child from Korea and he comes home in November! Her son Thomas is one of Robbie's favorite pre-school friends.

So, this is definitely a year for thanks and I just wanted to share.

No comments: