Wednesday, October 18, 2006

When we aren't looking

I know I have been paranoid in the past that my child (Robbie) conspires against me... and I'm pretty sure I'm right. But I just caught Alyssa practicing. She was in the hallway... on her hands and feet with her bottom end straight up in the air. I didn't alert her to my presence so she proceeded to rock herself into a squating position. She did this enough times and got enough momentum to get her hands off the ground. She didn't stay in the squat/no hand position for long because I startled her.

She and I have had many conversations about waiting until after Christmas to walk. So she knows that what she was doing, I wasn't going to be happy about. So her reaction to me peeking on her was a cackle... and then a quick dart for cover (she chose to go to brother).

Already she can lower herself very slowly from a standing position (no hands) to a sitting position. I might have to come up with so deterant as I don't think letting things take their course is going to bring me to my goal... although it might bring her to hers. I'm pretty sure she's aiming to show off to Nana and Papa during Thanksgiving.

No comments: