Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Daddy's Girl

Ever since we returned from California, Alyssa stopped sleeping through the night. We aren't really sure why. It's been a bit over two months now (although it seems like longer). I think it's a combination of her reflux, teething, and hunger. It's something we've sort of accepted... actually, I should say it's something Kasey has accepted. See, Alyssa has taken to her daddy. Last night was a good example.

She woke up at around 3:30. Normally Kasey gets up, changes her and gives her a bottle. But it wasn't time for a bottle. Her bottle spacing is very important for her reflux. So I thought I give Kasey a "gift" and get up and put her back to sleep. He does it every night and she always just goes back to sleep. Of course, the key part of that sentence was HE.

I went to pick her up... and I could tell it wasn't going to be that easy. She was definitely tired, but she had some life in her. So I brought her into the room to rock her. She and I went from the rocking chair to the bed several times within a 45 minute period. At one point in the rocking chair, I yawned and she stuck her binky in my mouth. I'm fairly sure this whole thing was an exercise of putting me to sleep rather than her.

Finally, daddy rescued us. Alyssa practically jumped at him when he got up... as if I have been torturing her for the past 45 minutes. He had her asleep within 10 -15 minutes. I don't think there's a whole lot I can do... she's definitely a daddy's girl.

No comments: