Tuesday, April 03, 2007

So Proud

We are very proud of Robbie. Here is his latest group of books that he has read. So far, he has read over 60 books that he has recorded. This group is by far his most impressive.


Not only are we proud of him (that's a given), but he's proud of himself. Just look at that smile! This weekend we picked up two new books of his choice. He read 24 books last week!

So, that's all the good news. The bad news is that he can now read. This is changing everything. While we are out, he reads everything! This makes for some interesting topics that I wouldn't normally choose. Such as the writings of many homeless or the occasional billboard on the side of a bus.

He also reads the internet now. I was on a chat board this evening and he was sitting on my lap (he likes to look at the pictures of the babies)... when he started reading the names of the other moms! He's very proud of himself... and I'm scared for myself. Having a reading child changes more things than I would have ever imagined.

Since I've raved about Robbie's latest accomplishments, I also feel the need to mention Alyssa's. She is now putting two words together. Okay, she talks in sentences... but we don't understand them. However, she is now putting two signs together to help drive her point home. Such as "more bread". The power of communication ~ she gets it now... I'm sure it's just a matter of time before we start understanding those sentences. This also scares me.

No comments: