Today I took Alyssa to the doctor's office. She's had a cough for about a week with no other symptoms. I wanted to be sure it wasn't turning into anything serious. The doctor gave her a clean bill of health and guesses that the cough is from allergies. We will be giving her some allergy medication to see if it helps the cough.
The good news is with her healthy and no longer spitting up, she is back on the charts (still in the lower 5%)!!! I felt like doing a little victory dance in the doctors office. She is now an outstanding 18.4 pounds! I told Kasey that means we can finally put those 6 month clothes aways since 6 month is 12-18 pounds. Ha ha ha! I say that as she's walking around with her pants almost around her ankles.
So, I think she's feeling fairly good about being on the charts. She's a big girl now! She has tried glueing with Robbie (not well received by the brother), pulling mail off the table and running to a secret corner to devour it (literally), and she is climbing to new and exciting heights.
I was at the table with Robbie watching him tape his Quetzalcoatalus into his diarama and next thing I know I hear what sounds like a hose running onto my floor. I look up and there is Lyssie at the table "drinking" from my glass of water. And oh, so proud! Not only was she proud that she is finally big enough to climb up to the chair (that's a bit of a problem), but she was also proud to be drinking out of mommy's glass cup.
I had a puddle on the floor, chair and table... and somehow her mouth was completely dry. She didn't quite get it to her mouth. She can drink from a cup, so I am guessing that she was in such a hurry to pull off her little stunt before getting caught that she tipped a little too early. No matter, she went through the motions and was very proud of her accomplishment.
Kudos to me for not getting upset and seeing the humor in the soggy situation. Robbie ran for a towel while I tried to pull Alyssa off the table (she grips the side and holds on for dear life).
We now have a new rule in the house... all chairs must be pushed up to the table.Not that this will solve the problem since she is continually rearranging our furniiture, but hopefully it will deter her for a little while.
Friday, April 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment