Wednesday, April 04, 2007

She continues to be a challenge

This time, it's not her behavior. Alyssa is sick once again... and I'm not sure why. Yesterday she slept away most of the day (she slept through the playdate that I had at the house for her). Today she got sick five times (it could become more as she's still awake). She has eaten 4 crackers, about 3 ounces of juice and two ounces of water (all liquids have come back). She sleeps in small spurts and doesn't really allow anyone to put her in her crib to sleep.

I have a feeling if this continues, I'm going to have a very lethargic baby tomorrow. Again, I have a playdate scheduled for her here on Friday. I'm not sure what to do. She isn't holding down water. I can't think of anything milder than water. I've already had our talk about her maintaining her weight.

We also think she has an apple allergy. After she eats apples, she has very messy diapers and then a rash on her little tush for a few days. Apple is the only common thread I can come up with. The latest reaction was from Apple Cherios, I think. Once she gets better and back on track, I'll test my theory... or if I have to take her in for this latest illness, I'll discuss it with the doctor.

Her daddy is a little sad that he's not going to be able to share his love of apple desserts with her.

No comments: