Friday, April 27, 2007

The Housing Update

So, much has changed since Monday when we had mutual acceptance on the house. On Wednesday, we had the inspection... and all has changed since.

I walked into the house knowing that was where we'd be spending the next several years and I had a heavy feeling of dread. It caught me off guard. I went through the whole inspection trying really hard to love the house. At the end, I left feeling like the kitchen was way too small (there were only two really useable cabinets even though it looked like more), the kids bedrooms were smaller, and there wasn't anywhere for Kasey's studio and my sewing.

Kasey and I discussed it in length and both agreed that we were in love with the neighborhood, but not necessarily the house. Since we would have to spend most of our time in the house, we decided to back out of the sale.

I feel bad for our agent and I feel a bit embarrassed that it got as far as it did before I realized it wasn't the right house for us. We are going to take some time to regroup before searching again. We will keep our eye on houses in that area, but we have decided that we can't do without having 4 bedrooms.

It was a bit of a let down, but since we made the decision... I've felt much better. I was a bit stressed this week. We are still going forward on our house (as far as cleaning) as if we were going to be moving. We need to do that anyhow and get rid of some of this clutter. Hopefully a cleaner, less cluttered house will give us some more clarity in what we need from a house.

No comments: