Monday, April 23, 2007

Mutual Acceptance

Tonight we should have mutual acceptance for the house in Monroe. It's a bit exciting, overwhelming, scary, and sad all at the same time.

I'm excited to give the kids a neighborhood like the one I grew up in. I'm overwhelmed with all the things we need to do to get our current house on the market. I'm scared that we aren't going to sell this house as quickly as we need to. I'm sad when I look out the window at Robbie's beautiful garden.

Monroe is going to mean many changes. We will be further from many of our comforts (we are viewing this as a good thing), Kasey will have either the same length commute or longer, I won't have our Nanny, and I'll be starting again at establishing a support system around us. But, I won't be losing those that I've already made as I'll still be in Snohomish County, Robbie will still be going to preschool with his friend and Kasey knows several people in his company that currently live in Monroe or who are also buying there.

Here are some pictures of the place. I know, it looks much like our current house, but I assure you the neighboor hood is ten times better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful house! It looks enormous...love the kitchen and the green green backyard. I hate moving and couldn't imagine getting a house ready for the market. Hope it isn't too stressful--best of luck!!!

' said...

Thanks Ellen!

It's actually smaller than our current home and we are losing our extra room (Nana and Grandma's room - sorry grandparents!), but I think it's a minor sacrifice for what we are gaining in the neighborhood.