Monday, April 30, 2007

Oh My Darlin'

On the way to the zoo today trying to keep Robbie awake in the car, we were taking turns singing songs. My repertoire of songs is fairly limited.

Mom: Oh my darlin', oh my darlin', oh my darlin' Clementine. You are lost and gone forever, oh my darlin' Clementine.

Robbie: Why was she lost?

Mom: I don't know, that's a good question.

Robbie: I think it's because she didn't have a big brother to watch her.

I had to agree with him. I don't know Clementine personally, but if she had a big brother like Robbie, than I don't think she'd be lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kayce,
Unfortunately Clementine died - she fell in a mine shaft. It is a sad song about losing someone you love. But, yes I agree that maybe if she had a big brother she may not have fallen in the mine - or at least she may have been saved instead.

It's always great to read up on your life adventures.
Luana :)

' said...

Thanks Luana!

Yes, the Clementine story is suddenly coming back to me. But with converstations with Robbie, it's best not to delve to deeply into the meaning of such things. He can sometimes make my head hurt with his observations and interpretations.

By the way, congratulations! I read the news on Oscar and can't wait to hear about your trip to bring him home.