I guess celebrating her birthday with a party of friends, lots of presents and yummy cake wasn't enough for Alyssa. It seems that the illness she picked up after her birthday is E Coli. When Kasey called me with the news, I wasn't sure what to think. I often hear about E Coli in the news but pay little attention to it aside from avoiding spinach for a bit and thoroughy cooking our meat (we mostly eat turkey and chicken anyhow).
So, of course, I turn to the internet. We were told that the doctor would prescribe an antibiotic for her. Then I read on the CDC website that they don't recommend antibiotics for treatment because it could cause kidney complications. After many calls to various people, and searching the internet, I finally gathered my thoughts and came to the conclusion that I need more information. We now have another appointment for her tonight. I want them to retest her and do some blood tests or whatever they do to be sure her kidneys are a-okay. Then I might be able to relax a bit.
In the meantime, I'm cleaning my hands like I'm getting ready for surgery. She had a nice blow out of her shorts a bit ago and I scrubbed both of us until her little tooshy was red and my hands were sore (okay, that's probably a bit of an exaggeration). Let's just say I'm taking more precautions now.
Stay tuned for an update!
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment