Friday, February 23, 2007

17 pounds

We took Alyssa into the doctor today for her follow up appointment. Her urinalysis came back negative for infections. Just to drive home the point, she also gave me a nice solid piece of love today. Alyssa is feeling better. Her appetite isn't quite back... or her food preferences have changed drastically.

She weighed in today at 17 pounds... of course she was fully clothed. I think we should have left the shoes on and really deceived ourselves. But what this does tell me is that she didn't lose weight through the whole ordeal.

Robbie is now working on getting rid of whatever has hit this family. The doctor has no advice. Really, I don't think he could be bothered since he cleared Alyssa's E Coli. The true cause of it didn't seem to concern him. I wish our doctor had been working this week. He suggested that we make an appointment with her to "talk about it". I hate doctors that put you off. Needless to say, we won't be going back to that doctor.

For now, we will celebrate Alyssa's 17 pounds. I mean, how much could two layers of tiny clothes really weigh?

No comments: