Monday, February 19, 2007

Homebound

We have a week of no school... and we are homebound. We are putting Alyssa on the antibiotics to treat the E Coli. Apparently the E Coli she has is much like a urinary tract infection. The doctor seems to think she got it from the diarrhea she's been having. They still don't know what is causing the diarrhea. The doctor seemed to think that the vomitting could be from the E Coli, but the vomitting was before the diarrhea so none of it is making sense to me.

Anyhow, I am keeping her home. We have a follow up appointment on Friday. If she doesn't improve dramatically, then he will order more tests or send us to Children's Hospital. I'm hopeful that the antibiotics will clear the E Coli and whatever else is going on will run it's course by then. In the meantime, I am continuing to get as much fluid I can into her and trying to get her to eat. So far, she's only eating crackers and bread. But it's a start.

The good news is there hasn't been any weight loss yet. That's great news!

1 comment:

mrsmcj said...

I'm glad to hear she didn't lose any weight yet. I hope that she gets better soon-- maybe her appetite will return ten fold!