Sunday, February 04, 2007

Happy Birthday to me?

Today is my birthday. It's been an interesting and trying day. Everyone slept in until 10:00. Sounds great, except that both Alyssa and Robbie had trouble sleeping. Robbie's been sick and Alyssa... well, she's Alyssa. But we slept well from about 7:00 until 10:00 and I woke up to a beautiful gift from Robbie. He made me my very own dinosaur chart... it's already hanging on the wall.

Once I got downstairs, I realized that I wasn't feeling well. I had a headache, I was dizzy and just had an overall icky feeling. Sadly, it's not unusual. Robbie was obviously not feeling himself either as he was a bit obstinate. He's been sick, but there must be something else going on. He's probably feeling our stresses right now and reacting to our tension. He knows we are considering moving and he's against it. It's hard when your kids get old enough to have their own stand on these type of things.

Anyhow, Kasey was determined to take me out to my requested restaurant of choice, Todai in Redmond. Many things rained on my parade - we missed lunch by half an hour, we had to fill two hours with a very hungry Robbie, I didn't get my free birthday meal and Robbie's obstinance increased as the day progressed.

But, I was very excited to have the yummy Asian buffet. The sushi itself was okay - I still like Sushi Zen best, but the sashimi was fantastic - it just melted in my mouth and the shrimp tempura was some of the best I've had in a long time. Aside from Robbie's annoying behavior, it was a yummy and enjoyable birthday dinner.

The rest of my birthday is spent in bed. I'm still feeling a bit icky (the creme brulees probably aren't helping), I'm sad that Robbie is having behavior problems and our kids are outlasting us tonight (both kids are still awake... possibly due to their quick cat nap at 6:00 and the desserts).

I think today was a tough day to have a birthday. I commend Kasey for doing his best to make it my day while Robbie worked to make it about him. I'm sure that my ickiness didn't help the whole overall mood for the day. I'm anxious to start over. I'm hopeful that this week will be better and Alyssa's birthday will go well this coming weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! A day late! Hope you're feeling better. Jeanne

mrsmcj said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kayce! Feel better!