This past week Alyssa as outgrown her shoes. Since she is walking, wearing shoes when we leave the house is becoming increasingly more important (although she still gets by). She was wearing a size 2 (3-6 months) and they fit her perfectly (if you can get her foot in). She seems to either have a fat foot or she curls her toes at the exact moment I'm trying to shove her foot in the shoe. Regardless, I can't get them on her.
So today, I went and returned a gift and with the money bought her three pairs of new shoes! Size 3! I don't know why, but it makes me happy when Alyssa graduates into a new size of anything. Plus, I have a bit of a kid's shoe fetish... so having to buy new shoes was fine with me. Anyhow, much to my disappointment, the shoes are a bit big. I tried the 2's on just for good measure and sure enough those were too small.
So, she now has three new pairs of shoes where the velcro doesn't fasten over far enough and she has near an inch in the end. Maybe she'll have a growth spurt???
The one pair of size 3 shoes that I had previously lasted us one outing. Luckily I only paid a few dollars for them on clearance. We lost them to Target. I have no idea where, but it fell off somewhere and we were unable to recover it. The odd shoe has now become Alyssa's latest chew toy. I'm hoping these three pairs of shoes don't carry the same fate.
What do you do when your child is in between sizes? It's a shoe dilemma.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haven't you heard of pink duct tape?
Dad - I think that should be your new fashion line.
Post a Comment