Thursday, January 11, 2007

Random Topics

I'm struggling with my resume. I've started it several times, only to erase it all and take a break. I used to enjoy doing my resume. It gave me a feeling of pride. I have even helped others improve their resumes so that they read better and sell their skills. I think the problem is that I've always completed a resume with the idea that I was trying for a position that would challenge me and expand my skills.

That's not what I'm looking for in a job this time around. I just need something that will help me help my family without completely draining me. I need something that will just allow me to earn a little money - but not bring home stress. Now I struggle writing a resume that won't oversell me for a receptionist position. I'm just not sure what to say. I don't want it to sound like I'm not anxious to work... but I don't want to sound over ambitious so that it sounds like I'm more than what they need for the position.

It's a dilemna.

I'm also looking at alternative ways of making money. Blogging is one of the avenues I've been researching. In the past few weeks I've inquired about a few ways of getting paid for blogs. I'm just worried that I don't have that much to say - and what I have to say may not be something others are interested in hearing. I'm definitely one that can write about pretty much any topic... but what I have to say may not be all that interesting or moving.

Tonight, I've expanded my knowledge on podcasts. My first opinion is that they scare me a bit. 30 minutes of podcasting (is that even an accurate term)? I'm just not sure I can do that. I don't care to listen to 30 mintes of someone talking. I might go for 10 to 15 minutes, but it has to be something I'm really interested in. Maybe that's because clearing 30 mintes of time is a difficult feat for me and if I'm going to search out a podcast, I want to be sure to hear everything it has to say. But then again, most of the podcasts I've listened to aren't geared toward a SAHM. So, maybe a podcast is just out of my league.

Whatever I decide to do, I want to be commited to it. I'd hate to let anyone down again.

No comments: