Friday, January 12, 2007

Alyssa is 11 months!

So a few days late. I think just this morning I realized I missed the 11th. So, here are her accomplishments to date...

  • Talking - she really only has one real word she uses with passion... and it's brobra. She loves her brother and he loves her. Of course, whatever frequency she uses to call his name, Robbie doesn't hear it. This is a bit upsetting to her.


  • Signing. She is now a master at telling us what she wants. She will sign eat and either walk to the fridge or to her chair. At night when she is tired, she will sign milk and start to shake her fist. While this could be her impatience, we like to think it's her mimicing us shaking the bottle.


  • 15 pounds! Yep, she has maintained 15 pounds for over a month! I'm not sure of her exact weight. I got her to stand on the scale the other day and it said 15.4 pounds. Then her daddy put her on it (couldn't get her to stand, just squat) and it said 16.2 pounds. Maybe that's what she needs to do at the doctor's office... squat down when they weigh her. I think it also gives us another important lesson, when they are weighing us... we need to stand up very straight.


  • 6 month clothes. I think at 10 months I said that Alyssa was out of 3-6 month clothing. I was wrong. For the most part, she is out of 3-6 month clothes except for pants and dresses. She still crawls out of her 3-6 months pants. They even fall down when she's standing. My goal is for my 1 year old to be bigger than a 3 month old. Hmmm... the no walking until after Christmas didn't happen. Do you think she'll give me this one? I think not, but I'm hopeful.


  • Walking... running and practically skipping with glee. Yep, she's been walking for near a month now. She's quite the master now. She's learned that her head moves much faster than her feet. She has found a happy medium and very rarely trips over her feet now. She can turn on a dime (I'm sure if there was one on the floor, she'd try).


  • She eats just about anything... unless you give it to her three meals in a row. She's been known to pack sweet potato between the tray and her bib... toss Cheerios in protest and feed chicken to Chewy. She's sure to check and make sure Chewy is there before she drops it so the evidence doesn't sit there too long.


  • She likes to read now. Although, she has eaten several books to the point that whole corners are missing. I guess she feels she needs the fiber. She will sit still to listen to a book and she will even turn pages and point to things as if interested in what we are saying.


  • That reminds me of her 5 teeth! She broke her fifth tooth about two weeks ago. There is no sign of any others coming through. Apparently four just wasn't enough.


  • Responds to her name and runs in the opposite direction.

So, that's all I can come up with right now. Oh, I think this has to be a record as well. Our little lady is 11 months old and still in her infant seat... and she has a little room. I'm planning on moving her into a new carseat when she turns a year old. Happy birthday little girl - you're getting a better restraint!
Here are a few pictures... one to give you an idea of scale and the other to give you an idea of her personality. Have I mentioned that she loves her daddy? Feel free to click on the picture to make it larger.

No comments: