Friday, August 11, 2006

Uhhhh....

Shortly after my husband left this morning, I was on the floor playing with Alyssa when I got a nice whiff of some love. I know, great way to start a story... but bear with me. So, I decide I'm going to check her... I feel her bottom and, to me, it feels very round and puffy. I thought, "wow, she must have been holding it all night and just pee'd non-stop since she woke up! I checked inside (had a bit of trouble finding the inside for some reason) and sure enough... she loves me!

So, I take her upstairs to change her as I so often do. I lay her down and get ready for a nice big mess. Can you guess what I found? Another, very dirty diaper under a nice fresh, clean one. Yep, she was wearing two diapers (the reason I had trouble finding the inside of it earlier during the love check).

The daddy that my daughter idolizes, picked her up out of bed this morning; walked her to her changing table; plopped her down; grabbed a diaper; and proceeded to diaper her. I can't say changed her because the bottom diaper was the worst I'd seen in a long time. Very heavy, full of all kinds of love. So I look at her and ask her if she wants to rethink that idol :)

No comments: