So, at the beginning of the year I talked about a new year resolution where I was going to step outside my box and find playmates for Robbie... you can visit the posting here:
http://kcs-blog.blogspot.com/2006/01/venturing-outside-of-my-comfort-zone.html
While I haven't heard from the playdate that is mentioned in the blog (haven't heard from her since we both had our babies), we (Cindy and Nicolas went with us) met a few of the people from the chat group I joined. This is the second time that I've met this group. It's a diverse group and I'm not sure I have much in common with most of them, but it's still nice to get a different perspective on topics. However, I came to the conclusion today that I don't necessarily need to meet them all.
Robbie made one friend off the board already - and invited to her party this past weekend, but I don't really foresee many other friends for him coming from this chat board. However, there may be a few opportunities for Alyssa... so I will continue to be a part of the group. Besides, it gives Cindy and I lots of topics to discuss!
Anyhow, I am giving myself a pat on the back. I stepped way out of my box on Saturday and gave my son a party (of course, Kasey had to take over most of it) and today I stepped out of my box and took part in the chat group's potluck at the park. I feel like I'm good for a while, but pre-school will be starting soon.
I also seem to like to torture myself, because I'm also looking at joining a MOPs (mothers of preschoolers) group to expand his circle of friends. I'm hoping that friends for Alyssa will come easier. Errrrrr to Cindy. I know she's frustrated, but I am too :) I want a playmate for Alyssa like our boys have! Of course, I don't want to have to make any effort... so the easiest way for me is for her to just have another baby :) Crossing my fingers!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment