Monday, August 07, 2006

Doctor Day

Today Alyssa, Robbie and I had doctor appointments.

Robbie is doing great (aside from his cold). He is 38.5 inches tall and 33 pounds.

Alyssa is 13.4 pounds. I don't remember how tall she is, but she's in the 50th percentile for height... and 8th percentile for weight.

My check up didn't go as well. Turns out the results from the MRI show that I have a herniated disk. Not much that can be done for me at this point. I just need to take it easy, lift and bend with the knees and hope for the best. I've been having a bit of pain or pulling in that area of my back lately, but if I rest - it seems to get better. We are going to wait and see if it gets better... if it gets worse, then I'll have to visit a neurologist.

I am getting B12 injections again to help with my energy level. We are starting with just once a week and if it doesn't make a difference, we'll increase it to twice a week. Unfortunately, this means Kasey gets to give me injections again. He's such a good sport!

We are also going to try Ambien again a few times a week to hopefully get me some more sleep. These things combined will hopefully make me a little more helpful at night when Alyssa wakes up. Although, I'm still hoping she reverts back to sleeping through the night once she's over this cold.

Well, Kasey is trying to get Robbie down for the night. He is still fairly apprehensive about dreaming, so we'll see how successful he is.

No comments: