Kasey and I were just sitting here talking (he just got home from work) while he greeted his daughter. He was talking to her and tipping his head from side to side while talking to her. Alyssa started imitating him by tipping her head from side to side. It was the cutest thing ever! (okay, well maybe only a parent of the cutest little girl ever would agree). But this prompted me to blog about her latest achievements that we are proud of... just not overly excited about.
Alyssa is rocking back and forth on her hands and knees - confidently! She started doing this while my mom was here. I think her encouragement helped Alyssa realize that practicing this would yeild good things.
In addition to the rocking (very little movement - only the accidental push forward or backward), she also sat herself up. She's only done this once, but with her... that means she will master it soon. This means that Kasey needs to remove her mobile in her crib and drop the crib matress. I'm taking no chances with this little girl as I'm fairly sure she's going to be an escape artist.
She is also working on standing with support. She stands at her toys and holds them for support. She's getting better at this as she used to stand at them with her feet together like a ballerina (but less graceful). Now she is getting the idea that she is much more stable if she spreads them out a bit. I'm sure I'll be reporting on her progress in this area within the next few weeks. I'm hoping that update will not include crawling.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment