Sunday, May 13, 2007

Welcome Harl!

Today Robbie welcomed Harl to his dinosaur garden. Harl is a beautiful Fuchsia plant that he planted at one of his class excursions. It was over a month ago and I've been nursing it indoors until we had time to plant it. I am very proud of myself for keeping it alive.

Robbie dug the hole by himself and planted it all by himself. As he was planting it and gingerly tucking dirt around it, he gave it a warm welcome...

"Welcome Fuchsia to my dinosaur garden. You are going to love it here! Here is some more dirt to keep you nice and warm."

After carefully tucking in his new plant, he decided he needed to give all his plants names. I found some plant stakes and we labeled the majority of his plants. I took a picture of Harl (the fuchsia) and Gowir (the day lily) so you could meet them too. He was very excited at the end of the day... he is looking forward to summer ~ he wants to get more plants for his "dinosaur jungle".

No comments: