To our moms, grandmothers, other mom relatives and friends... Happy Mother's Day! Seems silly that we only get one day a year where we are celebrated. I think we should have at least one day every other month ~ at least!
Anyhow, we had a great day today. I started the day with Robbie waking up crying with a gushing, bloody nose... a short time later (getting ready to go to Home Depot by myself because my son decided he wanted both his daddy and his sister to stay home with him) I fell down the stairs and into the baby gate (ouch!) and then, to top it all off, it was sprinkling outside (my mother's day gift was supposed to be weeding and getting the lawn mowed). I also cooked my own Mother's Day dinner and Alyssa fell backward in her chair. Oh... and I couldn't get a hold of my mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day.
But... it all worked out fine. Robbie gave me my favorite Mother's Day card ever! Kasey made me a delicious breakfast that I got to eat with my boys. Robbie made me a bird house. The weather did clear up and we spent all day outside planting. I replaced the two tomato plants that were brutally killed during Cinco De Mayo, we planted the two flats of flowers I ordered from Nicolas' fundraiser (one in Lyssie's garden, one in Robbie's), Kasey weeded the gardens and we finally fixed the bird feeder. The lawn never got mowed, but that's okay. What's another few days when it's been like two weeks.
I also worked on the trellis my dad made for Robbie (it was for the tomatoes, but I have since moved it to the beans). Note to Dad ~ the wires didn't work, but I used the covered wire and wrapped it really tightly... it's much more stable now and you don't see any white plastic on the beautiful natural bamboo. I currently have the bird house Robbie made for me hanging on the trellis.
I actually enjoyed cooking the dinner (chicken and gnocchi with gravy, sauteed carrots and sweet corn ~ yum!) and Alyssa is fine... just a little grumpy. I'm now relaxing in my bed watching my reality shows (Celebrity Fit Club is only enjoyable because I love to watch Ross the Intern, he's so funny!).
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment