On the way to preschool tonight for an all school gathering, I thought of the things that annoy me. It made me want to do a blog on the things that make me angry. Then, when I got home around 9:15, my neighbor reminded me once again that I needed to write this blog. He is out there (it's almost 9:30 now) using his weed whacker outside the kids rooms. So, here is my list... I'm not sure if they are necessarily in order because each day one may annoy me more than another.
1 ~ the word Hate. I know I used it in the title of this blog... but I really strongly dislike the word. Not to say it doesn't slip from my lips every now and then, but it really shouldn't be used as freely as it is.
2 ~ Dishonest people. I want to say liars, but if I was doing a list of 10 things, the word liar would probably be on there somewhere.
3 ~ Being late. This is what had me anxious on the way to the preschool tonight. The ridiculous thing is that I was feeling really anxious about being late... and I managed to only be about 1-2 minutes late. But, late is late in my book.
4 ~ Inconsiderate people. Now, it really isn't fair to put this on the list because I'm not saying that I'm never inconsiderate... but this goes hand in hand with #3. As I was thinking about the things I "hate", I was reminded of the several times that at my previous job my manager was inconsiderate. I can't tell you how many times I rushed to get to work on time for a meeting with her, only to find out once I got there that she wasn't going to be in the office that day. She never cancelled the meeting with me and she never called me... not even that day. Nor did she ever apologize. It happened several times and this is one of the reasons it made it so difficult through the years to want to do a good job for her. It's hard to respect someone that doesn't show you the same thing in return.
In addition, my neighbor falls into this category as he continues to do his yard work when my kids ~ and probably his kids are sleeping. The guy is home by 4:00 most days... so I can't see a reason that he is out there this late. Just because it's still light out, doesn't make it okay to do noisy yard work. If trimming his lawn is that important to him, I would freely offer our scissors to him.
5 ~ Fibromyalgia. Really, I only have those first 4 that I wanted to list, but it seems weird to do a top 4... so I added Fibromyalgia because I'm really not very fond of it.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment