Saturday, May 05, 2007

Feliz Cinco De Mayo!

It is becoming a family tradition to celebrate this day with lots of food... and lately, many friends. This year we invited friends to stop in and enjoy some margaritas and a few Mexican dishes (as Mexican as it can get when I'm the one cooking). We had a spread of chips, salsa, guacamole, taquitos, enchiladas, a taco bar... and lots of margaritas!

We have entertained groups several times this past month and I have to say... it's still not my thing. I enjoy seeing everyone, but I'd prefer it be in smaller groups... and by that I mean maybe two people at a time.

While we had a great Cinco De Mayo, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. We have absolutely nothing planned. I've had a week of go-go-go and I am looking forward to staying home and enjoying our time together as a family.

I didn't take any pictures as the party other than pictures of Alyssa. But here's a picture of Robbie this week making his pinata (just for decoration, we did not use it today). I took a picture of him with the finished product... but it came out a bit dark. I'll try for a better picture tomorrow. By the way, he decided to make his pinata a kangaroo.


Feliz Cinco De Mayo!

No comments: