I am ready for Winter to go away. I'm not fond of Summer... but I love Spring and would welcome it right now. In the past few days we have had near ten inches of snow. Not all at once, but the other night we did get six to seven inches all at once. We woke up to a very white neighborhood.
I no longer feel the need to take the kids up to the snow (although Robbie did want to try skiing). They got to play in plenty of snow. Alyssa was having a great time but refused to keep her mittens on (can't blame her, I hate wearing mittens). She enjoyed picking up the snow... but only lasted about ten to fifteen minutes out there before she decided she'd had enough (again, can't blame her). Robbie had a great time helping his sister every time she took a nose dive - he got to help her a lot. Once sister was done, he decided that he needed to excavate dinosaurs from the ice. He was good for another half hour in the cold. I watched from inside. If he had real snow gloves, he would have lasted all day.
Alyssa showing me that she almost has her mitten off.
Oops, she fell right out the door - but look! She got that mitten off!

I'm okay... and no mitten!
Game boy?

Making a snow angel

Group shot. By the way, I didn't know that scarf was covering her mouth. After I looked at the picture on the camera, Robbie told me that he put the scarf over her mouth so that she would stop eating the snow. Before going outside he and I did a little experiment to see if snow was clean. We melted a cup full of it then strained it through a paper towel. Snow is not clean... therefore brother was "keeping his sister safe - that's what big brother do"
No comments:
Post a Comment