Monday, March 26, 2007

I wish, I wish, I wish!

Alyssa is cutting her 7th tooth. She's miserable and she's taking everyone in her wake down with her. She's taxing what little patience I have left after dealing with Robbie and his 4.5 year old self. These are fun times. I envy Kasey who gets to escape for 8-10 hours a day. It seems like a long time now when I didn't have a toddler hanging off me and a four year old scolding me. Ah, those were the days!

But I'm still thankful for the time I have with them. I'm thankful on these days that she's still small and I can just carry her around like a football. I'm thankful that I can just slip a book in front of Robbie and he's at least partially occupied for the next ten minutes. I appreciate that we have a nice big house so I can lock them downstairs and take a few minutes to myself. I'm thankful that Kasey is able to get the time away and support our family so I can spend this time with the kids. I am still thankful.

I just wish Alyssa would cut her teeth just a little bit faster. I wish that Robbie would find just an ounce of urgency. I wish that my son would stop telling me the things I tell him. I wish Alyssa would grow so I can be done with bottles once and for all. Finally, I wish Alyssa could be happy all the time and I wish I knew exactly what to say to Robbie. I wish, I wish, I wish.

No comments: