Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bubbles

I'm a little upset. I started this blog this morning on my mom's computer, but lost it when I went to do a spell check on a word. Blogger told me it was having system problems. Often when that happens and I log back in later, they are able to recover my blog... but such was not the case. I told myself that if they weren't able to recover this one, I wasn't going to start over.

But here I am, starting over. Because, it's such an important topic that keeps coming up again and again. I like bubbles. All types of bubbles... soap bubbles, bubbles in the tub, blowing bubbles, but my favorite bubble is my personal bubble. I'm also fond of other people's bubbles. I like when they stay in theirs and I stay in mine.

Robbie has yet to learn about bubbles. Actually, I take that back. He does have his own bubble. Although it's smaller than everyone else and it's a one way bubble, it does exist. My greatest difficulty with him is personal space.

We can be in a restaurant... he can be... (place annoying child habit here) and the only thing that will annoy me is that he is sitting really close to the person next to him. Or he is talking into their face or he is leaning way over the table and his hands are on my half of the table or, okay, you probably get the idea. I couldn't even come up with an annoying child habit other than one that had to do with personal space partly because I'm not sure Robbie really does many other things in restaurants and because that's all that stands out to me.

I think that if there are two people sitting in a booth that is approximately five feet long, that gives each person two and a half feet. That means that Robbie should not have to get any closer than six inches to the person next to him. He doesn't understand this. No, I'm not that crazy, I haven't sat him down and measured it and tried to explain measurements and such to him... although, nothing elses has worked... so maybe...

Anyhow, bubbles. I like bubbles. I like personal space bubbles. They are a good thing. It's not just Robbie. I don't want to give him a bad rap. There are many adults that don't seem to understand about bubbles either. They need help. Or maybe I need help. I'm not sure which one it is, I just know this place would be a better place if everyone would just remain in their own bubble.

No comments: