Please tell me, because I seem to be missing out. This will probably be one of Kasey's most memorable fathers day. Of course, he did remind me of his first father's day in which Robbie wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. On that first father's day, we took Robbie to the Edmonds beach... and he clung to me like glue!
This Saturday, we spent the day at the same beach. We had a great time. Robbie actually put his feet in the sand (after a lot of coaxing) and Alyssa loved her first feel of sand between her toes. Robbie and I went beach combing and found a crab (whom we helped back into the water) and a clam (whom we also threw back in). Robbie and his Daddy went digging for dinosaur bones (shell fragments) and Alyssa took a nice leisurely nap on the beach.
Then Sunday, Father's Day, I threw out my back AGAIN! Same place, same pain. I am currently stuck in bed while Kasey and the kids are running errands. I am eagerly awaiting nice big doses of heavy duty drugs.
Of course, this happens within the last three weeks of Kasey's game. So, he can't stay home to take care of me and look after the kids. So, once again, I'm getting shipped out to San Jose. I have yet to break the news to work and the details still haven't been decided... but it's inevitable as we just don't have the support here.
So, happy Father's Day to Kasey. He got lots of quality time with the kids and plenty of time to ponder the true implications of fatherhood. We love you Kasey!
Monday, June 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment