Friday, September 08, 2006

My paleontologist

I just wanted to record a converstation (okay, it was really more of a dialog) that Robbie had in the car this morning on the way to a "Free Sale" at the closing of a school. I was deep in thought about how I was going to manuever a crazy crowd with a stroller and a four year old, when out of the back seat I heard the following (please keep in mind, I am recording what Robbie said. The information may or may not be true)...

Robbie: "Dinosaurs died out 400 million years ago. Paleontologists today dig up dinosaur bones. The bones are buried in lots of dirt and they pull them out to clean. Then they build dinosaurs with dinosaur bones. I have a Stegosaurus in my backyard and someone else has a Triceratops."

"I am going to plan another birthday party for me and it will be a new color, not yellow. My dinosaur party wasn't a color, it was lots of colors like red and purple and green. When is my babies birthday? I am going to plan a party for my baby girl. I know the perfect color. I think it will be... pink. And we could have pink flamingos. That's perfect! Pink flamingos are pink and her party will be pink with a pink cake. A pink cake that will have pink flamingos all over it. I didn't have a cake that was one color, my cake was a dinosaur cake. It was all different colors, but babies will be pink because she likes pink."

"It will be perfect!"

Okay... I probably should have removed all the punctuation because I think at this point he took a breath. I really can't remember much more of what he said because I was concentrating so hard on remembering the first part so I could record it. Needless to say, he was very chatty today.

Oh, and Grandma... apparently you are supposed to help with Alyssa's party. He did mention that at some point between "It will be perfect" and when I started concentrating on memorizing the dialog. I really wanted to tell him... that I don't want to do an all pink party. I think that in itself would send me over the edge. While I admit that Alyssa looks really cute in pink and she has lots of pink clothes... I'm not sure I can throw a whole party around pink. But Grandma should be happy she might get more use out of those crazy flamingos!

No comments: