Thursday, September 28, 2006

Confirmation

Today I went and spent the day at Robbie's pre-school. It was Kasey's work day and it was our classes day to clean the classroom. I decided to go early, get some cleaning done and take some pictures as "class photographer". I am really glad I did. It was nice to observe Robbie in a social environment. Even more interesting was observing other kids in the same environment. It made me feel even more confident about how we are raising our kids.

I'm not in any way criticizing the way other parents of the preschool are raising their kids, I'm merely saying that what we are doing is right for our children. I watched Robbie as he wandered from room to room, socializing where appropriate, participating when interested and occasionally playing comfortably by himself. It made me proud. I think we are raising a confident, independent, unique little boy and that makes me happy. It's nice, to every once in a while, get confirmation that all your efforts will pay off.

Here are a few pictures Robbie today;

Robbie confidently going up in front of the class and counting the days of the month.

Robbie hammering golf tees into a pumpkin (this was a great activity!). He is playing solo here and having a great time.

Robbie painting at the art table - and being "dinosaurs" with another kid at the table (I don't like to post pictures of kids that aren't mine).

He had a great day at pre-school. I'm really glad we chose to do a co-op preschool.

No comments: