Saturday, July 08, 2006

We Bought Our Son a Rocket

So, the other day, I found Robbie a rocket ship on Craig's List. I thought it'd be great to help him pass the time while we are here in San Jose. I got a great deal on it and then we can just sell it again once we leave.

We gave it a good scrubbing a few days ago. In fact, the Rocket wash was Robbie's favorite part of the day on Thursday. We spent a good two hours outside scrubbing it inside and out. It's not clean to his standards - but we are going by mine at this point.

I let it sit a day and he forgot that it "wasn't clean enough". Today we put it on the lawn next to the sprinkler (it's supposed to be in the high 90s today) and let the fun begin! He had a great time with the rain on his rocket ship. He also did a very good job problem solving on how to keep the rain off his rocket ship. I'll try to post the pictures so you can see his final resolution to this very serious problem.

Later today we are hoping to make it to the Obon to watch the San Jose Taiko. I'm sure Robbie will have a good time there (as long as the sun doesn't melt us). Normally I wouldn't venture into this weather, but the Taiko drummers always give a show worth the discomfort. Besides, I will do almost anything to expand my son's interests, knowledge and culture. I am sure when we return, he will be banging on everything... but then again, it is a bit contagious, so we all might be.

Here are some pictures from this morning...

No comments: