Sunday, July 02, 2006

I was right

He was conspiring against me. But I don't think Floatie or Sawme had anything to do with it. Unless the new kid put him up to it. After all, it wasn't normal behavior for my son. We took Robbie with us to the mall today so I could try to find a few things in different sizes that I had bought the other day and so that I could find something to wear that fit me. I must have taken the wrong Robbie, because he wasn't acting like himself.

Of course, there were a few things working against me.

1 - we used up all his good behavior the day before when we went shopping at Valley Fair
2 - we walked into the mall at the side where the first thing he saw was the kiddie play area
3 - he only wanted to play in the kiddie play area after he saw it

He did try to occupy himself. In a three year old way, he also tried to be helpful. He helped feed his sister, sort of. He stayed near me, sort of (playing in the racks, turning the turnstiles, etc), he kept himself busy, sort of. His big mistake was when he took to pretending to be a crocodile. He was snapping along, minding his own business when his mom's big old butt got in his way. He snapped down - and, ooop! much to his surprise (he really was surprised), he bit me! He saw the wrath of his prey, quickly apologized and curled. Let me just say, after that, things went downhill.

We did recover, but not much. It wasn't a great day. We went to dinner and had chinese food. I made another mental note to myself. Do not take a three year old who is having a trying day to a chinese restaurant and seat them at a table with a lazy susan in the middle. Actually, he did very well. Maybe I should say, don't take the mom of a three year who has had a trying day to a chinese restaurant and seat her at a table with a lazy susan in the middle of it.

Anyhow, I don't think there were any consipiracy theories happening last night, so Irene and Hiram should be okay today. Robbie woke up well and already has about an hour or two of reading in. We started the day off reading the Care Bears. That, to me, seems like a good way to start the day. We will see.

No comments: