Yesterday I went in to the dentist to have my first crown (it's just a temporary one for now). A few weeks ago, I had my first root canal... and coincidently, my first cavity. It's been quite a month for me. My brother's mouth is literally priceless and I have no aspirations of having such a valuable mouth... but I can now say that mine is worth something. No, I'm not exactly proud... but I do now feel like part of a club that I had been on the outside of for over 33 yeears.
I've also realized why I go so many years between dentist visits. It's not that I dislike the dentist. Although I'm always apprehensive since I never knew when that first cavity would pop up on me. Sitting in the chair yesterday and feeling very uncomfortable... I realized that it wasn't the work they were doing it my mouth, it was that they were in my bubble ~ invading my space. I realize that they have no other way of doing their job... but I don't like people in my bubble.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment