Tuesday, September 25, 2007

37.5 pounds!!!

Today we finally got Robbie in for his 5 year check up. I don't remember all his stats, but he is 37.5 pounds (20th percentile) and he's in the 10th percentile for height. The important news is that he's progressing along the curb as he should be (Alyssa, take note on how it's done).

He was also a brave boy today. He had 4 shots (2 in each arm) and he handled them like a man... until the last one. He tried, but finally let out a loud cry telling us that "it really, really hurts that one." He has been favoring the arm all day. He says the pain is getting worse. I'm sure it's very sore because he kept moving while she was trying to finish it up. Ouch! The good news is that he's done for at least a year, maybe more. Yeah Robbie!

I'm proud of his 37.5 pounds (it seems like I'm obsessed with the weight of my kids... but they are so little, I'm afraid they are going to shrink more ~ I'm kidding). I'm also thrilled that he will be staying in his 5 point harness car seat for a few more months (especially since we finally spent the money for a second one). Hopefully he can make it until Alyssa's second birthday. That's when I'm thinking she'll be over 22 pounds and ready to face forward. We'll see. That's a long shot.

No comments: