Friday, September 21, 2007

Can you believe she's 19 months old?

It's really hard to believe... and she thinks she's hot stuff. All 20 pounds of her! I have to say Alyssa is already a very sassy little thing. I fear for our future with her. She can give you a look that I don't even have the words to describe... it's not mean, but it's not nice... it's a bit mischevious, but it's also a bit sweet. I could certainly never duplicate it. But it's her "I know I'm doing something wrong, so watch me continue to do it while you tell me no."

She's also become quite the little individual. She has several favorite sayings and they work in many different situations... to get her what she wants.
  • "Oh! I got!" (when she wants to do something before anyone else ~ this could be turning off the t.v. when we've threatened Robbie, this could be chasing the ball that dad just threw to her big brother).

  • "Awight" (her resolution when she knows she isn't going to get what she wants. Often it's cute enough that we have been known to cave).

  • "Pease" (this is accompanied with the sign for please and the most pathetic look ever. She will bring this one out a lot and combine it with other words so we can't say no because she's being so polite ~ "mo bed pease" when she wants her 4th piece of bread)

  • "No Mama" (Sometimes it's "no, no mama"... but either one is used with people other than just me. When she doesn't want something... or doesn't want something to happen, this is her response)

  • "Moo Moo" (This is what she says for just about all animals. I think she finds it convenient because after she has pointed to the duck and said "moo, moo"... I'll say "the duck says Moo!" and she'll respond with "no, mama")

She also says thank you (no sorry has yet to be uttered from those lips yet), hi there, uh oh and a few others with regularity. Oh... and she says "I" for water. I know she's saying water because she signs it at the same time. She also uses "I" for milk as she will sign milk on occasion as well.

I can't wait to see where she is when we go back to California for Corey's wedding. I'm sure she'll be ordering around her cousins.

The picture is of her at the aquarium last week. She had a great time going around where they had the shells stuff embedded in the stone work and declaring "I touch!". She was thrilled to be out of her stroller and thought is was even better that she was touching things she didn't think she should have been.

No comments: