Tonight Jeanne was kind enough to watch Alyssa while we took her much deserving big brother out for a special night by himself. We decided on taking him to see Curious George. We talked it up during the day and Robbie was really excited. He couldn't wait to see "Serious George". On the way there he told us he didn't want to fall asleep (he hadn't had a nap all day, so there was a good chance he was going to fall asleep before he got to see his movie). He was really looking forward to it.
Anyhow, all went well when we got there. Robbie even passed for two and got in free! Robbie even stepped inside the theater and chose the seats closest to the door. A big step for him... at least we were in the theater. I told him it was like a big tv. I asked if he thought it was like our's and he said "No, that's too big for my house".
Well, he thought the previews were hilarious. And he seemed to be enjoying the beginning... but then that curious little monkey arrived in the city and started jumping all over things. Apparently, Robbie didn't like that. Then, I think the last straw was when he got into the paint. Robbie announced, he was ready to leave. He didn't want to stay anymore.
Kasey and I anticipated that we might not get to see the movie. After all, last time we went he didn't like the big screen and the dark theater... we also know that he doesn't like loud noises. But we never guessed that the reason we'd have to leave is because the movie was too chaotic for our obsessive little boy.
I guess when he called it "serious" George, he was really hoping for a Serious George.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment